Share this article:
Berkshire Young Musician of the Year – Strings Competition 2021
The Berkshire Young Musician of the Year competition is back for 2021. Berkshire Maestros, in partnership with Windsor Festival, is this year running a competition for strings players – including harp. The competition is open to young players of violin, viola, cello, double bass and harp to showcase their talent and win prizes alongside others of a similar age.
Competitors will follow a three stage process of round one, semi-final and final. The live concert final for will take place during Windsor Festival at The Old Court in Windsor. It will be adjudicated by Alis Huws, Loraine Deacon, Robert Roscoe and Jonathan Burnett.
The semi-final takes place on Sunday 21 March 2021, with live updates on social media. The final takes place at The Old Court in Windsor on Sunday 9 May 2021.
Thanks to our generous partners, we are able to offer the following prizes:
– Every entrant who submits their first round video will receive a 48-hour pass to Berliner Philharmoniker Digital Concert Hall.
– Semi-final participants will receive a voucher for a set of strings up to the value of £50 from Philip Brown Violins.
– Category winners will be offered a Masterclass opportunity with international violinist Callum Smart.
– The overall winner will receive the title of Berkshire Young Musician of the Year 2021 and will be invited to take part in a leading performance opportunity as part of Windsor Festival in September 2021.
– The Judge’s Highly Commended prize winner will receive a 12-month pass to Berliner Philharmoniker Digital Concert Hall.
We are grateful for the support from Windsor Festival in running the competition. Windsor Festival invites the world’s finest musicians, writers, artists, and local performers to entertain and delight festival audiences, to celebrate Windsor’s special place as a Royal town, and to inspire the next generation of artistic talent and creativity.
Share this article: