About Mini Maestros
Mini Maestros: fun, lively music classes for children aged 0 – 7 years in your local area involving.....
- Lots of singing, dancing and playing instruments
- Developing intellectual, physical, social and emotional skills
- Using creative energy to build confidence, and open up opportunities
- Access to a whole range of music activities through Berkshire Maestros, developing a love of music for life
- Sessions for Parent, Babies and Toddlers for an early start in making music together
Classes subject to availability
Music Making in Early Years
Mini Maestros runs weekly classes, taught by professional musicians and Early Years Music Specialists (trained in Kodaly and Dalcroze).
We offer exciting, engaging and well-paced sessions, using a wide range of resources to meet children's needs.
We also train Early Years teachers and practitioners in appropriate and quality music making with children, supported by current research on child development and wellbeing.
What we do...
- Pitch it right - Singing, rapping and having fun with rhymes and words.
- Get the beat - Dancing and playing instruments to develop a good sense of pulse.
- Move and groove - Rhythm games for physical coordination and fine motor skills.
- Train your brain - Responding to music; thinking and listening skills.
- Stop or Go - Working together, following instructions, being part of a band.
- Thrills from skills - Chances for older children to learn an instrument.
- Home and Away - Sharing and performing in class and to others.
- Have a go - Improvising and composing.